Second Edition of Dilli Series Seminar 2015
The Indian Naval Academy conducted its second edition of Dilli series seminar on the theme “Naval Weaponry through the Ages” from 16-17 Oct 15 with the following sub themes: -
- Development of Naval Weapon Technology in India.
- Developments in Naval Weapon Systems by Major Maritime Powers of 18th and 19th Centuries.
- Naval Weapon Systems used during the two World Wars.
- Evolution of Naval Air Power.
- Naval Weapon Systems used by Maritime Powers in Indian Ocean Region.
The seminar was conducted at ‘Orion’ and ‘Ramanujan’ auditoriums through Audio-Video link and was attended by 850 personnel comprising outstation delegates, faculties of INA and cadets. A total of 22 papers were received from various premier establishments of the Indian Navy. 15 papers were publishing in the seminar compendium.
Seven papers were presented during the seminar by eminent personalities including Dr Oliver Noone and Cmde G Prakash. Out of these, two papers were presented by the cadet syndicates. Keynote address was delivered by the Chief Guest Vice Admiral Anup Singh (Retd) PVSM, AVSM, NM. Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar P, AVSM, VSM, Commandant, INA delivered the opening and valedictory addresses.